You are searching about Fun Learning Projects For Kids 2 To 4 Years Old, today we will share with you article about Fun Learning Projects For Kids 2 To 4 Years Old was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Fun Learning Projects For Kids 2 To 4 Years Old is useful to you.
Tips, Strategies and Educational Resources for Parents During Social Distancing
Approximately 56.6 million students attended elementary and middle school in the United States in 2019. With the current COVID-19 global pandemic, school districts across the nation have made the difficult decision to close schools and move to online classes due to public health and safety concerns. Parents and caregivers were charged with stepping into a more active role in facilitating their child’s educational learning. Below are some parenting tips, strategies and resources for parents.
1. Ensure that a student participates in all required online activities including instructional time and any additional participation in online chat rooms.
2. Discuss with teachers your child’s ongoing academic progress including homework completion, projects and test scores.
3. Parents are recommended to supplement their child’s learning with additional academic enrichment activities including educational websites, home science projects or fun learning games.
4. Parents should make sure to create a learning environment at home to help their child focus including having a quiet place away from distractions, routine homework and study times and learning materials including computer/laptop, textbooks, etc.
5. For students who receive exceptional student education services (ESE), are under an IEP or a 504 plan, should follow up with the school counselor or school psychologist to determine if pending updates or meetings are required prior to termination. of the school year.
6. If your child has undergone a psychoeducational evaluation for a determination of special education services, please follow up with school personnel for a status report and to see if the school psychologist may be doing testing during the summer.
7. If your child was unable to begin their evaluation before school closed, discuss with school personnel whether it is possible for your child to complete a private psychoeducational evaluation if you are very concerned about the potential delay at the start of school. next school year. Please note that a private psychoeducational evaluation may be at your own expense and the school does not have to accept the results or recommendations. In addition, if it is sent to the school, it becomes part of your child’s education record. Please consider all of the above before spending hundreds of dollars on a private appraisal.
8. If you would like to have a private psychoeducational evaluation, consider a more affordable alternative to having the evaluation at a nearby university that has a university clinic with graduate students who can complete the testing under the supervision of a licensed clinical psychologist. or a certified school psychologist.
9. Students completing their senior year and planning to attend college in the fall should contact their chosen college/university to determine if classes will begin on time as previously outlined.
10. Graduating students already accepted to college for 2020-2021 should follow the status of their financial aid including any awarded grants, scholarships or GI bills.
Abcmouse – a subscription-based digital educational program for children aged 2-8.
BrainPOP- Animated educational websites for kids
Discovery Education – standards-based digital curriculum resources for K-12 classrooms worldwide
Funbrain – online educational games for kids
Khan Academy- offers hands-on exercises, instructional videos and a personalized learning dashboard for self-paced learning
PhET Simulations- provides free fun interactive math and science simulations
Scholastic- offers books, literacy resources and educational solutions for children
Scistarter- connects people to citizen science projects, scientists and resources
Starfall- reading, phonics, and math educational games and activities for kids in preschool through 2nd grade
Tutor.com/military- The program provides on-demand academic support 24/7 online in more than 100 subjects for grades kindergarten through college students. Now available at no cost to any adult or child in a DoD civilian or Active Duty, National Guard, Reserve or Wounded Warrior military family.
FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS:
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)-studentaid.gov
FastWeb- an online college scholarship provider
“20 Tips for Applying for a College Scholarship”, Felecia D. Sheffield, PhD, EzineArticles.com
“Minimizing Summer Learning- 5 Tips for Parents”, Felecia D. Sheffield & Shameeka T. Meredith, ezinerarticles.com
Parent Center Hub, Center for Parent Information and Resources – “All About the IEP”
Parent Center Hub, Center for Parent Information and Resources- “Developing Your Child’s IEP”
US Department of Education, “Guide to the Individualized Education Program”
Greatschools.org “Parent’s Guide to Section 504 in Public Schools”
Additudemag.com “Is an IEP or 504 Plan Best for Your Child? How to Decide”
Copyright © 2020 Felecia D. Sheffield. PhD, HSP All Rights Reserved Worldwide in all Media.
Video about Fun Learning Projects For Kids 2 To 4 Years Old
You can see more content about Fun Learning Projects For Kids 2 To 4 Years Old on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about Fun Learning Projects For Kids 2 To 4 Years Old
If you have any questions about Fun Learning Projects For Kids 2 To 4 Years Old, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Fun Learning Projects For Kids 2 To 4 Years Old was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Fun Learning Projects For Kids 2 To 4 Years Old helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Fun Learning Projects For Kids 2 To 4 Years Old
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords Fun Learning Projects For Kids 2 To 4 Years Old
Fun Learning Projects For Kids 2 To 4 Years Old
way Fun Learning Projects For Kids 2 To 4 Years Old
tutorial Fun Learning Projects For Kids 2 To 4 Years Old
Fun Learning Projects For Kids 2 To 4 Years Old free
#Tips #Strategies #Educational #Resources #Parents #Social #Distancing