You are searching about My 2 Year Old Is Running A Fever Of 103, today we will share with you article about My 2 Year Old Is Running A Fever Of 103 was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic My 2 Year Old Is Running A Fever Of 103 is useful to you.
What Are The Signs For Meningitis?
What is meningitis? It is a rare but very serious and terrifying viral infection that affects the meninges, the three membranes that are found between the brain and the skull. The meningeal coverings are also found in the spinal cord and can also be affected. It usually affects newborns and infants more than adults. There are two types of meningitis, bacterial and viral. Viral meningitis is the most common and is the milder of the two; it usually presents with headache, body discomfort and diarrhea. It usually runs its course and symptoms disappear in two to three weeks. Bacterial meningitis is much more serious that requires very quick and aggressive medical treatment. If immediate medical treatment is not activated, death may occur. What are the signs of meningitis? Here are five of the most serious:
- A sudden onset of fever. The skin is very warm to the touch. The fever can be 103 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. Any child with a high fever like this is a real sign that something is drastically wrong; immediate action is required. Ironically, with some babies who get viral meningitis, their skin may feel abnormally cool. Get ready to experience both extremes!
- Due to the infection, there is a sudden swelling of the meninges which causes a very severe headache. You may even see the head getting bigger due to the pressure build up. Please don’t wait; time is very critical at this point. You must go to the hospital immediately!
- If your child has a stiff neck and it is so painful that the child cannot routinely touch the chest to the chest, this may be a sign of meningitis.
- The child’s mental state is altered to such an extent that he is incoherent and disoriented almost to the point of acting like a fool.
- The child may be so tired and sleepy that he cannot be alert. This would be progressive tiredness, so much so that it is difficult for the child to wake up from sleep. Immediate medical attention should be sought.
What can you do to make sure your child never has to experience a medical emergency like this? Since meningitis is a virus and bacteria are involved, it often affects children and even adults, therefore, with weakened immune systems. To help strengthen your immune system naturally, look for undenatured whey protein with cysteine. Why? Ultra-pasteurization kills the most important aspect of whey, the amino acid cysteine. Most whey proteins on the market are denatured. When the whey is not denatured it means that the cysteine molecule has remained intact. Cysteine, when combined with glutamate and glycine (both found in most foods), forms glutathione; the most important antioxidant. The effect that a high level of glutathione in the body can have on your immune system is quite amazing; you are sick less often. It is true that meningitis is very vicious, but the chances of contracting it are much less when your immune system is very strong.
We hope you find this information resourceful as you raise your children to be healthy adults. Diseases like meningitis can appear so quickly, but if you are ready to see the signs, a potentially negative situation can turn into a positive one.
Video about My 2 Year Old Is Running A Fever Of 103
You can see more content about My 2 Year Old Is Running A Fever Of 103 on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about My 2 Year Old Is Running A Fever Of 103
If you have any questions about My 2 Year Old Is Running A Fever Of 103, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article My 2 Year Old Is Running A Fever Of 103 was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article My 2 Year Old Is Running A Fever Of 103 helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles My 2 Year Old Is Running A Fever Of 103
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords My 2 Year Old Is Running A Fever Of 103
My 2 Year Old Is Running A Fever Of 103
way My 2 Year Old Is Running A Fever Of 103
tutorial My 2 Year Old Is Running A Fever Of 103
My 2 Year Old Is Running A Fever Of 103 free